Oatlands District Historical Society

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays from 10.30 to 3.30.
Address: 107 High Street, Oatlands. Website: http://oatlandshistory.blogspot.com/

Click on this movie link (1.5 mins) Oatlands  to see what changed the Oatlands History Room have made to their wonderful collection.

4 Responses to “Oatlands District Historical Society”

1.   janice kingshott
    June 13th, 2010 | 11:59 am      

I am looking for records of my great grandfather who was married in oatlands in the late 1800′s, his name was John Stuard (Stewart), he married Margaret Barry.

2.   John Tait
    June 6th, 2013 | 2:58 pm      

I am updating my 2006 book TASPLACES, and ask for the first owner (grantee?) and the year, who established the property ‘BOW HILL” which is 11 km west of Oatlands on the Bow Hill Road.
    I am at Tinderbox so visiting you for one fact is not practical!!
    Anything you can email me about anything is worth having!!
    I await, John Tait.

3.   David Robertson
    September 7th, 2014 | 5:32 pm      

Keen to contact any descendants of my g g g grandfather Michael Vicary died 1867….Properties included “Rostrevor” at Triabunna (where he and his wife and some family are buried), and his descendants populate a significant number of plots in the cemetries at Oatlands and Bothwell. He was a Captain in Irish guards, was a Magistrate, and mixed with Archers and other colonial glitteratti keeping the convicts in place and making money. His children or their children married into the Archers of Woollmer and Brickendon, the Willes, Lords, Harrisons, Headlam, Butler, and a host of others. One of his sons married into the family owning Yanyangurt pastoral property in Geelong, and was linked to Canoona in Queensland. One of his daughters Ellen Vicary married a Thomas Harrison and they seem to have been at Oatlands a long time, but she died at Antill Ponds. Very interested to see if I can locate family photos of early Vicarys that probably went with his sons and daughters to these families, or their letter of diaries. Perhaps I should also register on a site that covers Pontville, Bothwell, Oatlands and Springs Bay areas..anyone got any suggestions? Also interested in chatting to anyone who has a good hold on early pastoral families. My father (bn Victoria) was obssessed with Tasmania and he and my mother came here after the war and built a house in Trevallyn, later returning to Victoria when be became ill in the very late 1950s because of his war service. Attached is Michael Vicary.